The Blue Whale challenge is a set of instructions delivered online, this Internet trend growing in popularity that encourages its participants to hurt themselves in real life.
Blue Whale began in Russia in 2013 with "F57", one of the names of the so-called "death group" of the VKontakte social network, and allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015.
The Blue Whale game, a 50-day challenge which require participants to receive instructions from an anonymous administrator, and their final task is to commit suicide.
The inscrutable Blue Whale game has been in existence from last four years. It results in more than 100 deaths in China, United States, and other countries have been linked to this challenge over the years. Two recent deaths in India have been linked to this challenge as well.
Here's what you need to know about this challenge.
1. Last month a 9th standard student from Andheri,Mumbai jumped to death, apparently because of the Blue Whale game. A 7th standard student in MP jumped off a third floor last week.
2. The Blue Whale challenge is not a video game. It is simply a set of instructions, like a chain letter, but made viral with social media.
3. Social media profundity teens have discovered this challenge with different hashtags on Twitter,Facebook, Tumblr,Instagram and Youtube.
4. YouTube are now trying to help others by showing suicide prevention groups contacts when users post Blue Whale related keywords.
5. The challenge was created by Philipp Budeikin, a 22-year-old Russian, who directly handed out instructions to some children. In an interview this year, he said he made the game to "clean society," as people who participated in it were "biological waste". He has been jailed for three years. It remains unclear who is the current administrator now, and how many of them exist.
6. It gets its name from beached whales, that get stranded and die.
On Aug 22 2017 By Sudeep
About the Author
Hi, I am Sudeep Banerjee , PHP developer.
Source : Gadget360